No products in the cart.
In 1868, an American engineer and watchmaker Florentine Ariosto Jones (1841–1916), who had been a director of E. Howard & Co., in Boston, founded the International Watch Company with the intention of combining the craftsmanship of the Swiss with the modern engineering technology from the U.S. to manufacture movements and watch parts for the American market. IWC pioneered new watchmaking technologies, notably the first titanium bracelets, developed in 1978. The company began keeping detailed records for every watch that has left the factory since 1885. Details of the caliber, materials used and cases have been entered into the records. The company claims that its service department has the parts and is capable of repairing and maintaining watches from every era since IWC’s foundation in 1868. The main models are : “Pilot’s Watch“ (1936), “Portuguese watch” (two importers from Portugal order a series of large wristwatches with high-precision pocket watch calibres in 1939), “Ingenieur” (launched in 1955) and “Aquatimer” (Successful series of diver’s watches in 1967). The Company is now member of Richemont SA.