No products in the cart.
Baume & Mercier was founded in 1830 by brothers Louis-Victor and Célestin Baume, who opened the watch dealership in Les Bois, a village in the Swiss Jura. The Swiss watch manufacturer expanded internationally by establishing a branch in London in 1921 under the name “Baume Brothers”, which led to expansion throughout the British Empire. In 1918, company director William Baume partnered with Paul Mercier to found “Baume & Mercier” in Geneva. The firm became specialized in manufacturing wristwatches, particularly with unconventional “shaped” models that did not possess the traditional round form. In 1919, Baume & Mercier was awarded the Geneva Seal, the highest international distinction of the time for watchmaking excellence. In the 1940s, Baume & Mercier launched a number of modern ladies watch collections, most notably the Marquise. In 1973, Baume & Mercier presented the Riviera, one of the world’s first steel sports watches. In 1988, the Swiss watchmaker joined the Richemont group.