No products in the cart.
Lange was founded in 1845 by Ferdinand Adolph Lange in the town of Glashütte in the eastern state in Saxony. Under Ferdinand, and then following his death, his sons Emil & Richard Lange produced high quality pocket watches. The company’s best products have generally being given the “1A” designation. Under generations of the Lange family, the company continued to produce pocket watches and like many German watch makers, produced over-sized wrist watches for use by German airmen in World War II. In 1948 the post war Soviet administration, expropriated the company’s property, and the Lange brand ceased to exist. However in 1990 following by the collapse of the East German government, the founder’s grandson, Walter Lange, together with watch industry executive Gunter Blumlein, restored the company with the assistance of several Swiss watch manufacturers, including IWC & Jaeger Le Coultre. The refounded Lange, again operating from Glashütte, presented its first range of wrist watches in 1994.Today A. Lange & Söhne sells watches globally and is a member of Richmont Group.